Here at FOUR OCEANS our boards are made with the highest quality controls, using the best construction techniques available, however, if something goes wrong with your board we want you to know your covered against manufacturing defects.
FOUR OCEANS offers a 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects only.
- - The warranty policies apply to the original purchaser with a valid proof of purchase. We strongly recommend you register your board at the time of purchase at www.suplove.com/register.
- - A board that has been previously repaired will not be covered under warranty.
- - Boards that have suffered damage due to exposure to extreme heat conditions will not be covered under warranty.
- - Warranty coverage does not apply to boards that show signs of impact or abuse.
- - Warranty does not cover broken boards or accidental damage.
- - Shipping and handling charges in relation to warranty claims are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Whether or not a board will be covered under warranty can only be determined upon evaluation by a FOUR OCEANS Authorized Representative. If you have any questions please contact us.
Shipping and Returns
After purchasing your board or gear, you will be provided with a freight tracking number for your shipment. The delivery company will coordinate a suitable delivery time to your designated address. The board MUST be inspected at the time of delivery for damaged incurred during shipping. If you do not inspect at the time of delivery, report any damage to the driver and refuse delivery of the shipment, FOUR OCEANS will not accept a return or offer a refund on a damaged board.
FOUR OCEANS will issue a full refund or exchange with in 14 days of purchase. All shipping, packaging and insurance costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- - Items must be in new condition (boards must not show signs of use)
- - Items must be returned with all original packaging and accessories
Items valued at over $75 must be returned to FOUR OCEANS with a trackable shipping service. If the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. For items below $75, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service.
Note: If a package doesn't arrive and you don't use a trackable method to return or if you refuse a Fed-Ex or UPS shipment as a method of return, we will not be able to issue a full refund.
CARE & MAINTAINANCE
Do not store your board in a sunny location while not in use!
The sun is the most damaging force on the planet, especially for your new FOUR OCEANS board. Try to keep your board out of the sun as much as possible when not in use.
De-lamination - The inside of your board is foam, which consists mostly of air and other gasses. When these gasses are heated by the sun they expand. As they expand they take up more space and can cause pressure to build on the inside of your board. If they expand too much, the pressure will push on the hard shell of the board and may cause the fiberglass shell to detach from the foam core. This is called de-lamination, and can result in air bubbles being trapped between the foam core and fiberglass shell.
To avoid de-lamination:
Follow these simple steps to ensure a long life for your FOUR OCEANS board:
- For Boards with plastic Vent Plug: The plastic vent plug is used to keep the inside of the board (the core) an air/water tight environment. It vents the board automatically, please do not loosen or remove to prevent damage to the plug.
- Always store your board in a cool dry place or shady area when not in use.
- You may also store your board in a well ventilated board bag to avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
Fading - While your board is constructed of UV resistant materials, over exposure to the sun can cause the colors to fade. While this will not affect the performance of your board, it will tarnish the brilliant color finish of your board detracting from its beauty.
To avoid fading…
Always store your BOTE board in a cool dry place or shady area out of reach of direct sunlight.
A ding is a depression or crack in the fiberglass shell. Just like with your automobile, some dings in your board's fiberglass shell are bound to happen with regular use.
Depression Ding - This is typically just a cosmetic problem, unless the ding is located on the bottom of the board in an area that could affect the flow of water across the surface of the board. They are typically caused by rough handling of the board and there isn't really anything you can do about it.
What to do… To avoid dings on the top of your board, only stand on the board in areas where the deck pad covers the surface. To avoid dings elsewhere, handle your board with care and don't allow it to come into contact with hard surfaces at a high rate of speed.
Crack Ding - A crack ding is a more serious problem. Usually caused when the board comes in contact with a hard surface at a rapid speed. A crack ding may breach the seal between the fiberglass shell and foam core allowing water to enter the foam core. Over time, the water that enters the foam core will damage the foam causing the water-damaged area of the foam to get heavier and softer. This can result in poor performance of your board and may allow the ding to grow in size.
What to do... In the event of a crack ding on your board, remove your board from the water as soon as possible and have it repaired by a fiberglass specialist. You can also attempt to repair the board using a fiberglass repair kit available at some hardware stores or online. Since your board is made using an EPS foam core, be sure you only use an epoxy resin based repair kit.
Many types of roof racks are available for transporting your FOUR OCEANS Board. Some roof rack attachments are made specifically for carrying Paddle Boards. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for using SUP specific roof racks.
Follow these simple steps to help ensure your board is not damaged during transportation.
- Secure the board to roof racks using high quality straps
- Do not over-tighten the straps, as this can damage the board
- Place the board on the racks with the fin or fin box facing the sky
- Place the board on the racks withe the fin or fin box located towards the front of the vehicle
- Use a cushion on the racks to reduce wear and tear on the board
- Use a cushion on the straps to reduce wear and tear on the board
- If transporting multiple boards, place a cushion between the boards to prevent wear and tear on the board
- Always ensure that there is sufficient distance between the two racks to securely support the board at high speeds
- Avoid driving too fast. The boards have a large surface area and driving at high speeds can cause damage to the board or your vehicle.
Do not use ratchet tie downs to secure your board to your vehicle. The foam/fiberglass construction of the board can only handle so much pressure!
The plastic vent plug is used to keep the inside of the board (the core) an air/water tight environment. It vents the board automatically, please do not loosen or remove to prevent damage to the plug.
FINS AND FIN BOX
Your board comes equipped with a standard 10’ fin box. The fin box is designed to accept the standard fin as well as most aftermarket fins. Your fin should fit tightly into the fin box.
To install the fin, remove the aluminum plate and screw from the fin and slide the aluminum plate down into the fin box and into the recessed track. Position the aluminum plate as far forward as possible (for access later). Set the fin into the fin box by sliding the brass pin into the opening until it bottoms out, then slide the fin as far backwards as you would like. Next, push the front of the fin into the box and attach the fin to the aluminum plate with the provided Phillips head screw.
Your fin may be difficult to install the first few times, but don’t worry, this is a good thing. The tighter the fin is in the fin box, the better the board will ride. Your fin box will “open” up over time to allow the fin to slide in and out easier. If the fin is too tight, use light sand paper to sand the inside of the fin box to remove any excess plastic chips or resin that may be present.